Cherry Cream Cheese Delight Cake
How to Make Cherry Cream Cheese Delight Cake
- Prepare white cake mix as directed on box.
- Bake in 2 greased cake pans (8 inch or 9 inch pans).
- Let cakes cool
- Prepare frosting by mixing softened cream cheese, defrosted cool whip and vanilla extract with hand mixer until blended and smooth.
- Place one completely cooled cake layer on a serving platter. Frost with about 3/4 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Begin to place cherries on top of cake with a teaspoon one at a time starting in the center, (trying not to add too much of the cherry pie filling syrup or jell to avoid cherries sliding off)
- Once the top of the cake is covered in cherries, add cherry pie filling syrup/jell to the edges of cake and allow to drip down the sides of cake.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving