Cherry Chocolate Skillet
We love it!
I also sub out the cherry for strawberry and the almond extract for vanilla. Just as sinfully delish!
- egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 pkg
- cake mix, devils food (regular size)
- 1 jar(s)
- hot fudge topping
- 1/3 c
- toasted almonds
How to Make Cherry Chocolate Skillet
- 1Lightly spray 12-in Skillet with oil (do not use nonstick spray). In a large bowl whisk egg whites. Add pie filling, water and almond extract, blend well. Add cake mix and mix until well blended. Pour batter into skillet and spread evenly.
- 2Bake at 350, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto large plate.
- 3Stir fudge until smooth and spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.