cherry chip chocolate cake
And hide the other ingredients from junior bakers unless he/she would enjoy making the cake with or without your help.
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- oil as called for in the cake recipe
- water as called for in the cake recipe
How to Make cherry chip chocolate cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Make the chocolate cake batter as directed and pour into a 9x13 in. pan
- 3Drop 2-4 cherries in groups over the cake batter
- 4Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the cake batter - as much as you want
- 5Both cherries and chips will sink to the bottom of the pan
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes and test for doneness with a knife blsade. When done, take out of oven and cool until slightly warm.
- 7Serve warm - you might like to top with vanilla ice cream