Cherry Cheesecake Cookies - C.C. Recipe
3 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 stickbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cgraham crackers (see note)
3 can(s)cherry pie filling (20-ounce each)
NOTE: TO MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS, PROCESS 8 WHOLE GRAHAM CRACKERS IN A FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL FINELY GROUND.
How to Make Cherry Cheesecake Cookies - C.C. Recipe
- MAKE DOUGH. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Refirgerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- HEAT OVEN. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place graham cracker crumbs in shallow dish.
- ASSEMBLE COOKIES. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls (I used a cookie scoop to help with the portions), then roll in crumbs. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a round tablespoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball. Dump pie filling into a large bowl. Using a large spoon, scoop out three cherries (keep the glaze to a minimum) and place them in each dimple.
- Bake until golden around edges 12 to 14 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. (If you prefer, you can cook one sheet of cookies at a time). Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. (Cookies can be stored in airtight container for 2 days).
- I would save the leftover cherries glaze for an ice cream topping, or maybe the topping for a chocolate cake!