Cherry Cheesecake Cookies - C.C. Recipe
- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 large
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- graham crackers (see note)
- 3 can(s)
- cherry pie filling (20-ounce each)
NOTE: TO MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS, PROCESS 8 WHOLE GRAHAM CRACKERS IN A FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL FINELY GROUND.
How to Make Cherry Cheesecake Cookies - C.C. Recipe
- 1MAKE DOUGH. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Refirgerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- 2HEAT OVEN. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place graham cracker crumbs in shallow dish.
- 3ASSEMBLE COOKIES. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls (I used a cookie scoop to help with the portions), then roll in crumbs. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a round tablespoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball. Dump pie filling into a large bowl. Using a large spoon, scoop out three cherries (keep the glaze to a minimum) and place them in each dimple.
- 4Bake until golden around edges 12 to 14 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. (If you prefer, you can cook one sheet of cookies at a time). Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. (Cookies can be stored in airtight container for 2 days).
- 5I would save the leftover cherries glaze for an ice cream topping, or maybe the topping for a chocolate cake!