★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbfrozen bread dough, thawed
21 ozcherry pie filling
8 ozfat-free cream cheese, softened
1/4 cskim milk
2 Tbspunbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 tspalmond extract
1/2 cunbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbspbutter, cold
How to Make Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 13 x 9" rectangle.
- Place in prepared 13 x 9" pan.
- Cover and let rise double in size, 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cherry pie filling and raisins.
- Spread evenly over dough.
- In a another mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons flour and almond extract.
- Pour mixture over cherry mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.