Cherry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 c
- sifted cake flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- maraschino cherry juice
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- maraschino cherries ; finely chopped , well drained
- cherry frosting ; see below
How to Make Cherry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Sift together : flour , baking powder and salt . Add oil , milk and cherry juice and beat until mixture forms a very smooth batter.
- 2Beat eggs until thick and foamy , add sugar gradually and beat until well blended.
Fold this mixture thoroughly into the batter and stir in the cherries.
- 3Pour into 2 wax paper lined 8" round cake pans.
- 4Bake @ 350 deg. for 25 - 30 minutes.when cool ; frost with cherry frosting below.
- 5CHERRY FROSTING : Blend 3oz. pkg. cream cheese with 1 Tbs. maraschino cherry juice ; Gradually add 3 cups sifted powdered sugar ; Blend in well. Add 1 Tbs. chopped cherries ; blend in.