Cherry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
2 1/2 csifted cake flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/3 cmaraschino cherry juice
1/2 cmaraschino cherries ; finely chopped , well drained
·cherry frosting ; see below
How to Make Cherry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sift together : flour , baking powder and salt . Add oil , milk and cherry juice and beat until mixture forms a very smooth batter.
- Beat eggs until thick and foamy , add sugar gradually and beat until well blended.
Fold this mixture thoroughly into the batter and stir in the cherries.
- Pour into 2 wax paper lined 8" round cake pans.
- Bake @ 350 deg. for 25 - 30 minutes.when cool ; frost with cherry frosting below.
- CHERRY FROSTING : Blend 3oz. pkg. cream cheese with 1 Tbs. maraschino cherry juice ; Gradually add 3 cups sifted powdered sugar ; Blend in well. Add 1 Tbs. chopped cherries ; blend in.