Blue Ribbon Recipe
The berry icing is amazing! And the cake recipe is super easy and moist. This is really rich... so a small piece will satisfy you. Serve this lovely cake for a sweet ending to your meal! The Test Kitchen
one boxstrawberry cake mix
one can(s)cherry pie filling
1 cupflaked coconut
1 cupchopped pecans
1 1/2 cupstrawberry preserves heated until bubbly in microwave
1-8oz pkgcream cheese softened
1 stickbutter softened
1-16oz boxpowdered sugar
1/2 cupchopped pecans
How to Make Cherry-berry cake
- Combine the first three ingredients for the cake in large mixing bowl with mixer until moist and well incorporated.
- Next fold in the coconut and pecans. Pour the batter into a 9x13 baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with a vegetable oil spray.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the microwave and microwave safe bowl, heat the strawberry preserves until hot and bubbly...1-2 minutes depending on your oven. Stir rapidly with a fork then drizzle over the cake wile still hot from the oven. Set the cake aside and allow to completely cool.
- Frosting: Cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth with mixer. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting is a good consistency to spread.
- Next fold in the pecans. Then frost the completely cooled cake. Cover the cake and allow to stand at least a few hours before serving to allow for moistness to build. The longer this cake sits the better it gets!