Cherry Angel Food Cake Roll
The picture is from beliefnet, the site i just love!
- 18 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 c
- maraschino cherry, drained, chopped + a few whole cherries for garnish
- 1/2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tsp
- maraschino cherry juice
- 2 tubs - 8 oz
- each whipped topping, thawed (1/2 of one tub is for garnish)
- mint jelly (optional)
How to Make Cherry Angel Food Cake Roll
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 15 1/2"x10 1/2" x 1" jelly roll pans with parshment paper or foil. Make paper or foil ends longer for easier pull out.
Prepare cake following package directions.
Divide into pans. Spread evenly.
Cut through batter with knife or spatula to remove large air bubbles.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
Invert cakes at once onto towels dusted with powdered sugar. Remove parshment paper or foil carefully. Be careful, cake is hot.
If using a towel, Start at one end and roll up each cake with towel, jelly roll fashion.
**Or if using parshment paper pull out of pan on to a flat surface and roll up in the parshment paper and cool.
- 3Fold chopped cherries, coconut and cherry juice into one of the 8 oz whipped topping.
Unroll cakes. Spread half of filling over each cake to edges.
Reroll and place seam side down on serving plate.
- 4Spread the half of the other tub of whipped topping over each cake or as much as you like and garnish with whole cherries. (sprinkle with mint jelly - optional) Or sprinkle cakes with powder sugar and set whole cherries along sides.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.