★★★★★ 1 vote5
- angel food cake or small pound cake cut into 1 inch slices
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lb
- about 6 cups) cherries, pitted and halved
- bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- flaked unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tbsp
- orange juice, more to taste
How to Make Cherry Ambrosia
- 1Preheat a grill for medium heat cooking. Very lightly oil the cake slices with cooking spray, then grill until browned and marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Place on a cutting board and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2In a very large bowl, combine cherries, bananas, coconut and orange juice and toss to coat. Add cake cubes and toss just until coated. Add a few more tablespoons orange juice to further moisten the cake if desired.
- 3Per serving (will depend on cake used): 300 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 55g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 5g protein