Cheesecake with Brownie Crumb Crust
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 1 c
- butter melted
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- splenda blend for baking
- stick of melted butter
- packages of cream cheese (large)
- 2 tsp
- eggs slightly beaten
- 1 c
- 2 pt
- sour cream
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
How to Make Cheesecake with Brownie Crumb Crust
- 1First make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- 2To Prepare the crust, melt your butter, and cool and set aside, mix your flour and your cocoa powder, set aside, beat your eggs and vanilla and drizzle in the melted butter, dump all at once the flour/cocoa mixture, and blend until just incorporated. This will be very thick, HENCE MY FORGETTING TO ADD THE SUGAR! LOL, Spread this in the pan and bake it for 40 minutes, allow this to cool completely. I broke this into chunks and put it in my food processor with the Splenda and pulse to a crumbly mixture. I Then melted 1/2 stick of butter and tossed it into the crumbs and pressed this into the bottom and sides of the pan. Put this in the fridge while your making the filling.
- 3FILLING : Preheat your oven to 350.
Cream your 3 packages of cream cheese, 2 tsp vanilla and the sugar, beat the 5 eggs slightly and add slowly to the mixture. Beat this well. Pour the filling in the cold crust. Put this in the oven and bake, Start checking after 45 minutes, when the top just starts to crack it is done.
- 4While it is baking in the oven, make your topping, 2 pints of sour cream 1 cup sugar 2 tsp of vanilla. As soon as the cheesecake comes out let it sit for a minute or so then pour the topping right over the warm cheesecake and allow it to cool completely . Keep refrigerated.
- 5Just a foot note, you will notice in my pic that the white topping is very sparce, this is because I didn't make enough for that size pan. in my recipe I doubled this and you should have a very nice thick white layer on top.