Cheesecake-Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cake
My daughter made this cake for me for my "50"th Elegant Birthday Dinner. It was amazing...not enough words to describe how good it is...the cheese cake with the cream cheese frosting, caramel and pecans...O my goodness!!
- 1 box
- duncan hines dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 small
- pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 3 large
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 c
- canola oil
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- hershey chocolate bars
- 3 can(s)
- cream cheese frosting
- 3 box
- saralee cheesecake bites, coarsley chopped
- 12 oz
- jar of smuckers caramel topping
How to Make Cheesecake-Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cake
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease 2-9" round cake pans, and dust with flour.
- 2Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute; then beat at medium for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped candy bar. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3Bake for 32 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and chill layers at least 1 hr or up to 24 hrs. (This step enables you to split the cake layers with ease).
- 4Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half using horizontal to make 4 layers. Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with cheesecake bites. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 layers, frosting and bites, omitting cheesecake bites o the top of last layer. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Drizzle desired amount of caramel sauce over cake, letting it drip down the sides. Chill until ready to serve.