How to Make Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil an 8 inch wide 3 inch deep springform pan. Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and press into bottom of springform pan.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients and beat with a mixer till smooth. Pour into pan.
- 3This cheesecake has to be baked in a waterbath so you have 2 choices, the best way is to set your filled springform pan into a 9 inch round cake pan or you can wrap the bottom of the filled springform pan with heavy duty foil. The springform pan inside a round bake pan is the easiest and most reliable way.
- 4Put the protected pan in another pan that is at least 2 inches bigger than the springform and fill halfway with boiling water. Bake for 90-120 minutes till golden brown. Turn oven off and let it sit for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and water bath and cool to room temperature before removing from springform pan. Then refrigerate.
- 5For peach cake: Omit the heavy cream and add 2 tablespoons peach juice to cheesecake batter. Then by hand stir drained diced peaches into bater. After pouring into the pan then place peach quarter slices in a decorative patter. Then sprinkle 1-2 more tablespoons of juice over the top and spread around with the back of a spoon before baking.
- 6For pineapple" my favorite, drain a can of crushed pineapple and squeeze the pineapple as dry as you can. Then add 2 tablespoons of juice and the pineapple to the batter. Then after pouring it into the pan use 2 tablespoons of juice over the top and spread it around with spoon before baking.
- 7Another way is to omit the heavy cream and use 2 tablespoons of Cointreau in the cake and 2 on top or you can use orange juice, 2 tablespoons inside and 2 on top.