Cheddar and Beer Cheesecake
4 pkg8 oz each cream cheese
6 ozextra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 box6 oz. zwieback crackers crushed (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cmargarine, melted
1 3/4 csugar
1/4 cheavy cream
How to Make Cheddar and Beer Cheesecake
- Let cheeses soften to room temperature in a large bowl, set aside
- combine crackers, melted margarine and 1/4 cup sugar and press firmly over bottom and halfway up a springform pan (lightly buttered)
- beat cheeses with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time to cheese mixture beating well after each addition.
- beat in beer and heavy cream at low speed.
- pour into prepared pan
- bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 2 hours
Turn off oven and leave in there with door ajar another 30 minutes
- Remove cake from oven and let cool on wire rack.
refrigerate several hours or overnight
- To Serve: Loosen cake with metal spatula around edges
remove side of pan
- Serve at room temperature, but store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Garnish with frosted green grapes if you wish.
- FROSTED GRAPES :dip small clusters of grapes in egg whites and sprinkle with granulated sugar