4 cpurpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 c2 sticks butter softened
2 2/3 cgranulated sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
4squares (4 oz) semi sweet chocolate,melted
·chocolate or buttercream icing
How to Make CHECKERBOARD CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pans with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mix well after each addition. Continue beating 1 minute. Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into half the batter. MIX WELL.
- Place Dividing Batter Ring into one prepared pan. Follow instructions for filling sections. ( For convenient filling, place batter in 2 disposable decorating bags )one for yellow and one for chocolate.
- Bake layers 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely
- Assemble cake following directions. Ice entire cake with chocolate icing. Serves 20
- NOTE: If you don't have a set of checkerboard cake pans. You can get them at ( www.wilton.com )