- 4 c
- purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 2 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- squares (4 oz) semi sweet chocolate,melted
- chocolate or buttercream icing
How to Make CHECKERBOARD CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pans with vegetable oil.
- 2In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla mix well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mix well after each addition. Continue beating 1 minute. Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into half the batter. MIX WELL.
- 4Place Dividing Batter Ring into one prepared pan. Follow instructions for filling sections. ( For convenient filling, place batter in 2 disposable decorating bags )one for yellow and one for chocolate.
- 5Bake layers 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely
- 6Assemble cake following directions. Ice entire cake with chocolate icing. Serves 20
- 7NOTE: If you don't have a set of checkerboard cake pans. You can get them at ( www.wilton.com )