CENTURY INN CARROT CAKE
This recipe was in the Milwaukee Journal around 1980 in the food section. Century Inn was a popular restaurant and known for a good carrot cake.
Here is the recipe as it appear in the paper. It is still as good as EVER!
1 tspbaking powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 csalad oil
3 ccarrots, grated
1/2 cchopped nuts (i like walnuts)
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1 lbpowdered sugar
2 tsplemon juice, fresh
How to Make CENTURY INN CARROT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease and flour a 13x9 inch cake/baking pan or three 9 inch round cake pans. (Century Inn always served a three layer cake.)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar and oil. Add egg one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in dry ingredients, carrots and nuts.
- Pour into pan or pan. Bake 55-60 minutes for rounds and 65-70 minutes for 13x9. Test cake with a cake tester to amke sure that it is done.
- When cake is cool, make frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and lemon juice, beat until smooth.