★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
How to Make Carrot-Orange Cake # 1
- 1Grease a 10 inch bundt or tube pan; dust lightly with flour tap out excess. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift flour baking powder baking soda salt cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3Add flour alternately with juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in rind, carrots, and pecans.
- 4Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out; cool completely. Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting and garnish with shredded raw carrot and quartered orange slices if desired.