Carrot Mandarin Layer Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 boxcarrot cake mixes
4 can(s)mandarin oranges
1/3 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
3 cwhipping cream
How to Make Carrot Mandarin Layer Cake
- Spray 4. 9" cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Using the directions on the cake mixes, prepare 4 layers as instructed. Fold in HALF of the mandarin oranges, after draining.
- Pour batter with oranges into cake pans, place in 350 degree oven and bake for 30 min. or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min., remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Divide this cream mixture in half.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of mandarin oranges to one-half of the whipped cream. Cover and put BOTH whipped creams into refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, spread the MANDARIN whipped cream mixture BETWEEN the cake layers. Spread the other "plain" whipped cream on the sides and top of the cake. Use the remaining mandarin oranges to "decorate" the top of the cake and all along the bottom edge of the cake.