Carrot Cake with Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
* Be sure to finely shred the carrots to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking.
**Sugar Substitutes: Choose Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking to substitute for the granulated sugar and Splenda® Brown Sugar Baking Blend to substitute for the brown sugar. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup granulated and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 cflaxseed meal
2 tspbaking powder
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 cfinely shredded carrot
4 largeeggs beaten
1/2 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 ccanola oil
1fluffy cream cheese frosting
How to Make Carrot Cake with Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans & Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, flax-seed meal, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside. In another bowl - combine carrots, eggs, sugars and oil. Add mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until combine and then divide into the two prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes for 8 inch pans or 20-25 minutes for 9 inch pans or until it can pass a tooth pick test. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes then invert onto racks to cool completely.
- Place one cake layer on a platter. Top with half of the fluffy cream cheese frosting. Place the second layer on top of the frosting, spread with the remaining frosting.