1Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
1. In a mixing bowl, add All-purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon Powder and Nutmeg Powder. Mix well.
2. In another large mixing bowl, add Yogurt, Brown Sugar, Sugar and Vanilla. Mix until sugar dissolves.
3. Add Eggs or Flaxseed Mixture and mix. Add Flour and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
4. Add Carrots, Walnuts and Butter. Mix well.
5. Lightly butter the bottoms and sides of 2 9inch cake pans and dust with flour. A 9×13 inch rectangle pan can also be used.
6. Evenly divide the batter into the 2 cake pans and smooth the top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F/180C.
8. Remove from Oven and allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
9. Flip them out onto waxed or parchment paper and allow them to cool completely before frosting. If you do not wish to frost the cake, you can enjoy it immediately.
10. Place one cake (face down) on a platter.
11. Lightly frost only the top of the cake.
12. Place second cake (face down) over the first cake and frost top and sides evenly.
13. Sprinkle a few chopped walnut pieces over the top to garnish.