Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 1 box
- duncan hines decadant carrot cake mix (this cake mix has the carrots and raisins inside the box)
- 1 c
- hot tap water (for soaking carrots and raisins)
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 8 1/2 oz
- can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained well, reserve juice
- 1/2 c
- 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- 2 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- pineapple juice
CHEESE CAKE FILLING:
PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
How to Make Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 1CARROT CAKE: You will find carrots and raisins inside cake mix box...soak carrots and raisins in the 1 cup HOT water, allow to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water from carrots and raisins. Discard water.
- 2In large bowl add dry mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 C. oil. Add well drained carrots, raisins, pineapple and walnuts. Mix well..do not use an electric mixer..do by hand. Spread 2 cups of carrot cake on bottom of greased 9-9 1/2" springform pan. Reserve remaining carrot cake.
- 3CHEESECAKE: In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- 4Spread 1/2 of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake. Spoon on remaining carrot cake and top with remaining cheese cake batter. DO NOT marble this mixture at all.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through. Cool to room temperature. Then frost with pineapple frosting, if desired.
- 6PINEAPPLE FROSTING: Beat Cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and pineapple juice until smooth. Beat in powder sugar until smooth. Frost once cake is completely cooled. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.