Carrot cake bunnies would kill for! You think bunnies are soft, sweet and fuzzy, well not when they get around this cake! 5 star or so my friends think!
C. Lipori (organic cook)
Walnut oil is rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids. So very good for you! Make sure it's expeller pressed to gain these benefits.
I've been making this cake for years for so many people and it has rarely lasted an hour it disappears so quickly. I get requests all the time to make this
at special occasions.
My friends and co-workers give it rave reviews.
5 stars to be exact.
I've been told I should sell it to restaurants. Period.
It's an easy cake to mix up, you basically just toss the stuff into bowls and mix. Not your typical cake where the ingredients have to be measured perfectly either!
I also use kosher salt because it mixes better, I think!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Walnut oil? How fabulous! I had never baked with it before, but love the special flavor it adds to this cake recipe. The pineapple adds a nice touch as well. Nicely done!
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 c
- walnut oil(not toasted). can substitute soy if need to.
- 2 c
- 2 c
- all purpose, unbromated flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 6 to 7 c
- grated carrots
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 c
- walnut pieces
- 1 c
- raisins (put in bowl cover with hot water)
- 1 c
- butter softened
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese softened, 2-8 oz packages.
- 3 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- lemon squeezed, to taste.
How to Make Carrot cake bunnies would kill for! You think bunnies are soft, sweet and fuzzy, well not when they get around this cake! 5 star or so my friends think!
- 1Put cup of raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water, set aside. Butter and flour 2- 9 inch round pans or use parchment paper(my fav). Measure out ingredients, then grate carrots.
- 2In large mixing bowl or mixer put in first 3 ingredients and mix well.
In separate bowl mix the next 6 ingredients(dry ingredients) and mix well with whisk.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture in 4 additions, mix well each time.
- 3Drain raisins. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Pour into pans.
Cook in oven set at 350º for 35-40 minutes or until center springs up when touched.
- 4Frosting- mix butter and cream cheese in mixer till smooth.
Add vanilla. Gradually add confectioners sugar, small amounts at a time till rich. Mix in lemon juice to taste.
- 5Frost when cakes are thoroughly cooled.
- 6Notes: Always soak raisins before hand so they are plump. I also am a stickler for grating the carrots, right after measuring the ingredients. Carrots will dry out if grated early and set aside, so wait till the last minute to do this. The lemon juice makes the icing, add to your desired taste, but I usually put the entire juice of the lemon in.