CAROLINA APPLE CAKE
The recipe was submitted by a lady name Mary Jack Yellverton and the book titled Family Favorites of United Methodist Church, Eureka, NC. I do not know where she got the recipe but my mother had made it once and I wanted try it. It is so moist and covered with a Carmel sauce making me think of a carmel apple from the fair. It is tempting not to sit and eat the whole thing and would be good with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream and some more carmel drizzled over top.
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- cooking oil
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- 3 c
- peeled and diced apple , i used cala you can use what ever you like
- 1 c
- chopped nuts, walnuts or pecans
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
CAKE BAKE AT 350 DEGREES IN A 10" BUNDT PAN OR TUBE PAN
How to Make CAROLINA APPLE CAKE
- 1prepare pan with shortning and a dusting of flour
- 2Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in seperate bowl and set aside
- 3In the mixer cream the sugar, eggs and oil together until smooth then add vanillia.
- 4Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until smooth about 2 min on medium speed
- 5Fold in the chopped apples and nuts stir real good to mixed in well. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. When finished remove and cool 10 min. on rack in pan. Then convert onto cake platter
- 6over medium heat melt the butter, sugar, vanillia and stir in the milk stir constantly until it begins to form a thickening like consistency. Pour over the still warm cake and allow to drizzle over the side and down inside the middle.
- 7This delish cake can be served hot out of the oven with a side of vanillia ice cream and another drizzle of carmel sauce over the ice cream yumm some good eating.