Carmel Bundt Cake
How to Make Carmel Bundt Cake
- 1Coat the inside of an 8 cup bundt pan with margarine and then with flour. Tap out extar flour and set the pan aside. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Sift togather the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until well-blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3Alternately add the dry ingredients and buttermilk, adding in 2. Fold - don't beat - sour cream into batter.
- 4Scrape batter into a greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake in heated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until golden brown and cake tests done. Let cool fully before removing from pan.
- 5Carmel Glaze
- 61/2 cup butter
- 71 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 81/4 cup evaporated milk
- 93 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 101 tsp. vanilla extract
- 11Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar, and cook 1 minute.
- 12Add milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla; whisk until creamy. Remove from heat, and pour immediately ocer cooled cake. Make 2 cups prep:3 min., cook 6 min.