CARDAMOM INFUSED CUPCAKES WITH ROSE WATER WHIPPED CREAM
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make CARDAMOM INFUSED CUPCAKES WITH ROSE WATER WHIPPED CREAM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 2 12-cup muffin tin with paper liner.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix as directed on the box. Add the cardamom powder and incorporate it into the batter. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes
- Fill each cup evenly with batter 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, do a toothpick test and when it comes out clean, it is done. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- FOR THE ROSE WATER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup sugar until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and mix in 1/4 cup rose water.
- While cupcakes are cooling, poke holes in them,with a fork or a toothpick. Spoon about 1 to 2 tsp. of rose water syrup over each cupcake. (Let syrup soak in a little at a time before you add more or it will overflow.)
- ROSE WATER WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- With an electric mixer, beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Once the whipping cream forms soft peaks, slowly fold in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add in 1/4 cup of rose water and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the rose water whipped cream over the cooled cupcakes.