CARAMILIZED FRENCH APPLE CAKE W/ WHIPPED TOPPING
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar, divided
- 4 tsp
- 6 medium
- cooking apples
- 3 medium
- 1 c
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, 1/2 of 8 oz package @ room temp.
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 8 oz
- container of honey nut flavored cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make CARAMILIZED FRENCH APPLE CAKE W/ WHIPPED TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2PREPARE CARAMEL: Heat 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 4 tsp water in black iron frying pan over medium heat; stir. When sugar becomes light brown, add juice from the 1/2 lemon and remove from heat.
- 3Coat the bottom and sides of a Springform pan with the caramel. Press out with wooden spoon not your hands.
- 4Peel, core and thinly slice apples, arrange in an attractive circular pattern, overlapping on the caramel.
- 5In large mixing bowl, beat eggs with remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Add the flour, butter, 4 oz. cream cheese, and continue beating until real creamy.
- 6Pour over apples and caramel, bake 35 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool slightly before turning over on to a cake plate.
- 7** While cake is baking beat the honey nut flavored cream cheese until fluffy. Separately, beat whipping cream until fluffy, add the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Gently fold the honey nut cream cheese into the whipped cream and chill until real cold, freezing if necessary. Put big spoonfull on top of sliced warm apple cake.