Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
My whole family loved this cake! A scoop of ice cream and a glass of milk would be perfect with this moist cake.
I used a 6oz bag of pecan pieces, because I couldn't find a can of pecans. This had a wonderful taste of vanilla and pecans. I bet a caramel glaze would be lovely too! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degree.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar thoroughly at medium speed.Gradually add sugar and continue creaming.
- 3Add egg one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- 4In a medium bowl,combine baking powder,salt and flour.Add flour mixture alternately with milk to cream mixture,beginning and ending with flour.Blend well after each addition.
- 5Stir in vanilla and peacans.
- 6Pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- 7Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.Let cake cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.If desired,dust lightly with powdered sugar.