Caramel Pecan Banana Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Caramel, bananas AND pecans? What an amazing flavor combination... Why had we never thought to try this before?! Great recipe, Tresa! The Test Kitchen
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 boxpound cake mix (1lb box)
3 1/2 ozbox instant banana cream pudding mix
2/3 cevaporated milk
1/2 cmelted butter
1/2 ctoasted pecans, chopped
8toasted pecans, halved
3 1/2 ozbox butterscotch pudding mix, cook and serve kind
2 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Caramel Pecan Banana Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash 2 bananas and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in bowl and set aside.
- Slice remaining 3 bananas into 1/2 inch slices on an angle and pour remaining tablespoon of lemon juice on top, set aside.
- Beat cake mix, banana pudding mix, milk, eggs and 1/4 cup butter on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed bananas in lemon juice and beat for 1 more minute.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile spray 12 cup bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 8 pecans halves in the deep wells of pan, top with sliced bananas (overlapping bananas) in the bottom of bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup toasted pecans on top of bananas.
- Mix butterscotch pudding mix and brown sugar together and sprinkle over pecans.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over pudding mix.
- Let butter and pudding set for 5 minutes.
- Pour cake mix over top of butter pudding mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cake plate leaving pan on top for 15 minutes.