After having made this cheesecake for years, the only things I alter is I add a little more butter to the crust. I have found that the amount called for is just a little shy of what's needed. And I omit the grated lemon peel.
This cheesecake is so rich and scrumptious!
- 1 1/2 c
- graham crackers, crumbs
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon peel, grated
- 1 c
- (8 oz) sour cream
- fruit or caramel topping (optional)
How to Make Caramel Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2FOR CRUST -
Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in small bowl.Press onto bottom and one-inch up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 4FOR CHEESECAKE -
Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl. Beat in eggs, flour, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour into crust.
- 5BAKE - For 50 minutes. Remove from oven, spread with sour cream.
- 6BAKE - For 10 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Garnish with fruit or caramel topping if desired.
Recipe from Nestle - Very Best Baking.com