Caramel Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. caramels, 14 oz
- 1 can evaporated milk, 5 oz
- 2 cups coarsely crumbled unfrosted brownies, prepackaged from a bakery or your favorite mix. let cool and crumble enough to make 2 cups
- 3 pkg. cream cheese, softened, 8 oz. each
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, 8 oz
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- whipped cream, chocolate lined wafer roll cookies for garnish
How to Make Caramel Brownie Cheesecake
- 1Mix vanilla wafer crumbs and butter, stirring well. Press mixture firmly in bottom and 2 inches up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Let cool completely on rack.
- 2Mix caramels and milk in small pan; cook over low heat, stirring often, til caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle crumbled brownies over caramel.
- 3Beat cream cheese at medium speed of mixer 2 minutes or til light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just til blended. Sir in sour cream and vanilla.
- 4Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or til cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 5Remove sides of springform pan; garnish, if desired. Makes one 9 inch cheesecake.