- 1 box
- super moist yellow cake mix
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- water or milk
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) milk chocolate-coated toffee bits**
- 1 can(s)
- (13.4 oz) dulce de leche*
- sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- caramel topping, if desired
How to Make Caramel-Bottom Cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, water, oil and eggs with an electric mixer on LOW speed for 30 seconds. Beat on MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits. Pour into the pan.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup of the dulce de leche. Spoon the remaining dulce de leche by teaspoonfuls onto the batter.
- 4Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Drop the reserved dulce de leche by spoonfuls over the top of the cake and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining toffee bits. Cool about 1 hour before serving. Top each serving with whipped cream and caramel topping.
- 5* Dulce de leche, a caramelized condensed milk, can be found near the sweetened condensed milk in most grocery stores.
** You can substitute crushed chocolate-covered English toffee candy bars for the toffee bits.