Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 21 oz can(s)
- apple fruit filling - devided
- 2 8oz pkg
- softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- caramel ice cream topping
- whole pecans (pecan halves)
- 3-4 Tbsp
- chopped pecans
- 9 or 10 inch graham cracker crust prepared in glass pie plate (or use ready made crust which is what the original recipe calls for).
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Reserve 3/4 cup apple filling. Spoon remaining filling into crust.
- 3Beat together cream cheese, sugar & vanilla.
- 4Add eggs and beat well. Pour over apple filling.
- 5Bake 35 min's or until center is set.
- 7Mix reserved apple filling & caramel topping in small saucepan & heat about 1 minute.
- 8Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake.
- 9Spoon caramel sauce over the cheesecake & spread evenly.
- 10Decorate w/pecan halves around edges (alternating in between sliced apples). Sprinkle w/chopped pecans
- 11Refrigerate at least overnight ... *but best prepared a day or two in advance.
- 12It actually turns out much nicer than the picture shows, but it's the only one I could find to post.
The presenation is much nicer when apples and pecans are alternately arranged around the edge as the directions say, with the chopped pecans sprinkled around the middle. But no matter what it looks like ... you will love every bite!