Caramel Apple Cheesecake
21 oz can(s)apple fruit filling - devided
2 8oz pkgsoftened cream cheese
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 ccaramel ice cream topping
12whole pecans (pecan halves)
3-4 Tbspchopped pecans
19 or 10 inch graham cracker crust prepared in glass pie plate (or use ready made crust which is what the original recipe calls for).
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350
- Reserve 3/4 cup apple filling. Spoon remaining filling into crust.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar & vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well. Pour over apple filling.
- Bake 35 min's or until center is set.
- Mix reserved apple filling & caramel topping in small saucepan & heat about 1 minute.
- Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake.
- Spoon caramel sauce over the cheesecake & spread evenly.
- Decorate w/pecan halves around edges (alternating in between sliced apples). Sprinkle w/chopped pecans
- Refrigerate at least overnight ... *but best prepared a day or two in advance.
- It actually turns out much nicer than the picture shows, but it's the only one I could find to post.
The presenation is much nicer when apples and pecans are alternately arranged around the edge as the directions say, with the chopped pecans sprinkled around the middle. But no matter what it looks like ... you will love every bite!