Caramel Apple Cheesecake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pecan sandies crushed
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 3 8 oz. pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 13.4 oz. can of dulce de leche
- 1 tsp
- 2 small
- granny smith apples, peeled/sliced
- remainder of dulce de leche
- other possible additions: chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter and add to crushed pecan sandies, mix completely and press into 8 or 9 inch round spring form pan (I used a 9 inch pan). Bake for 10 minutes, remove and let cool slightly while making filling.
- 2Cream together cream cheese and sugars until fluffy. Add dulce de leche and vanilla, mix. Add eggs mixing completely with each one.
- 3Pour into pan and bake for approx. 1 hr. When done, remove and let cool.
While cooling, peel/slice apples. Place into microwave safe bowl and add remaining dulce de leche. Heat for 30 seconds and stir together. Heat for another 30 seconds to soften apples.
Let cool down to warm before adding to top of of cheesecake.
- 4Cool the whole cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours before cutting.
- 5OR...You can choose to just cool the cake by itself and add the carmel apple topping to individual slices. You can choose not to cook the apples and only heat the dulce de leche, add sliced or chopped apples then top the cake.