Caramel Apple Cake (Bisquick)
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
It has an old fashioned taste of caramel and satisfies your craving for apple pie at the same time.
1 1/2 cbisquick
2 mediumapples, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
1 Tbsplemon juice
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 cboiling water
·ice cream or whipped cream, for topping if desired
How to Make Caramel Apple Cake (Bisquick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix bisquick and sugar until blended. Stir in milk.
- Pour batter into ungreased square 9" X 9" pan. Top with apples; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Pour boiling water over apples. (this is what makes the caramel part)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. The caramel sauce will be on the bottom when you cut it.