Caramel Apple Cake (Bisquick)
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
It has an old fashioned taste of caramel and satisfies your craving for apple pie at the same time.
- 1 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 medium
- apples, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- boiling water
- ice cream or whipped cream, for topping if desired
How to Make Caramel Apple Cake (Bisquick)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix bisquick and sugar until blended. Stir in milk.
- 3Pour batter into ungreased square 9" X 9" pan. Top with apples; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 4Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Pour boiling water over apples. (this is what makes the caramel part)
- 5Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. The caramel sauce will be on the bottom when you cut it.