★★★★☆ 1 vote4
2 boxcake mix, devils food
1 ckalua liquor
1 ptheavy whipping cream
1 cpowdered sugar
·this morning's coffee
How to Make Cappuccino Kalua Cake
- Mix cake batter according to directions, replacing the water with this morning's coffee. Pour batter into 3 round cake pans and bake according to directions.
- While cake is baking, wash out mixer bowl (Stainless Steel works best) and place bowl in your freezer.
- When cake is done, remove from oven onto cooling racks to cool.
- In the meantime, remove bowl from freezer and whip heavy cream, adding 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until fluffy.
- With a toothpick, poke holes about an inch apart all over cooled cake layers. Pour 1/3 cup of Kalua over each cake layer.
- Place first cake layer on cake plate. Spread whipped Cream on first layer, then sprinkle cinnamon over the whipped cream. Repeat with the other two cake layers.
- Arrange strawberries on top layer of cake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.