★★★★☆ 1 vote4
- 2 box
- cake mix, devils food
- 1 c
- kalua liquor
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- this morning's coffee
- cinnamon, ground
- fresh strawberries
- chocolate syrup
How to Make Cappuccino Kalua Cake
- 1Mix cake batter according to directions, replacing the water with this morning's coffee. Pour batter into 3 round cake pans and bake according to directions.
- 2While cake is baking, wash out mixer bowl (Stainless Steel works best) and place bowl in your freezer.
- 3When cake is done, remove from oven onto cooling racks to cool.
- 4In the meantime, remove bowl from freezer and whip heavy cream, adding 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until fluffy.
- 5With a toothpick, poke holes about an inch apart all over cooled cake layers. Pour 1/3 cup of Kalua over each cake layer.
- 6Place first cake layer on cake plate. Spread whipped Cream on first layer, then sprinkle cinnamon over the whipped cream. Repeat with the other two cake layers.
- 7Arrange strawberries on top layer of cake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.