Canned Carrot Cake
3 ccanned, drained carrots, about 2 cans
1 cvegetable oil
2 tspbaking powder
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cflaked coconut, *optional*
1/2 cdrained crushed pineapple *optional*
1/2 cchopped walnuts or pecans *optional*
How to Make Canned Carrot Cake
- mash carrots, or puree well. use mixer or food processor.
- in large bowl combine carrots, eggs and sugar. mix well with mixer over med speed.
- add in oil and continue mixing.
- mix and sift dry ingredients together and gradually add to carrot mixture.
- when all is well incorporated, blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- if adding coconut, nuts and pineapple, do at this point, stirring in by hand.
- pour batter into 9 x 13 inch pan or 2 - 3 round baking pans that are sprayed with cooking spray. if making a tiered cake, may want to line round pans with wax paper or parchment.
- bake in preheated, 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.