CANDY GUM DROP CAKE
1 lbwhite raisins
1-2 largegum drops, cut up, no black-not spice drops
1 cpecans, pieces
1/2 tspclove, ground
11/2 capplesauce, strained
1 tspbaking soda
1 Tbspwater, hot
1 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make CANDY GUM DROP CAKE
- Take the pecans and fry them in the 1 tablespoon butter till toasted an then set aside.
Strain the applesauce and set aside.
Dissolved the baking soda in 1 tablespoon hot water.
Cut the gum drops in fourths.
- Sift togeher the dry ingrediants together:flour, cinnamon, cloves, salt, nutmeg, mace.
When mixed add the raisins, pecans, and gum drops and sed the mix aside.
- Cream sugar and butter then beat in eggs one at a time. Then add in applesauce.
Add in flour mixture in small amounts at a time then add the vanilla. Mix in water as needed but not to exceed the two cups.
- This will make a 1/4 sheet pan or you can use loaf pans also.
Flour and grease the pan, then pour your mixture in.
- Pre-heat the your oven to 350
Bake to 30 - 40 minutes
Cake will be ready when a tooth pick or cake tester comes out clean.
- When cool turn out and you can leave plane, dust with powderd sugar, or yo can frost with your favorite frosting/icing and decorations: like more gum drops!