Candy corn topped haloween cupcakes
- 1 box
- white cake mix, along with called for ingredients on box
- 2 tsp
- drops, yellow food coloring
- drops yellow food coloring
- drops red food coloring
- 1 can(s)
- vanilla frosting
- various sprinkles, ie; orange and black
- 1 bag(s)
- candy corn
- haloween themed paper cupcake holders
How to Make Candy corn topped haloween cupcakes
- 1Heat oven 350. Place paper cupcake liners in cupcake pans. I used a lg 6 count cupcake pan along with a smaller 12 count pan. Lightly spray the cupcake liners w/ cooking spray.
- 2In lg bowl, w/ mixer on med-high, mix cake mix and called for ingredients, adding vanilla to mix. Divide batter into 2 separate bowls equally. Drop in 30 drops yellow food coloring to one bowl and whisk until smooth.
- 3Drop in remainder yellow food coloring and the red food coloring to 2nd bowl and whisk until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 1/3-way full w/ yellow batter. then spoon about 1/2 orange batter onto top of yellow batter until the cups are 2/3-full. Bake as directed. It took about 15 mins for the small pan and 18 mins for the lg pan in my oven. Cool, take cupcakes and set them on a platter. frost, sprinkle w/ desired colored sprinkles. Top w/ several candy corns.