★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 box(18.25 oz) white cake mix
1 csour cream
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tspalmond extract
·yellow and orange wilton food gel (about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of each)
·frosting (your choice)
How to Make Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 12 cup muffin tins with white paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients except for food coloring in a large bowl and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then beat on medium for 2 additional minutes.
- Divide batter equally into two bowls, you should have about 2 1/4 to 1/2 cups of batter in each bowl.
- Mix about 1/2 heaping teaspoon of yellow coloring into one bowl of batter and 1/2 teaspoon orange coloring into the other bowl.
- Divide the yellow batter evenly among the muffin tins. I used a standard cookie scoop, which measures about 1 tablespoon.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- When ready, frost the cupcakes and garnish with a candy corn.