★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- yellow and orange wilton food gel (about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- frosting (your choice)
How to Make Candy Corn Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line 2 12 cup muffin tins with white paper liners.
- 3Combine all ingredients except for food coloring in a large bowl and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- 4Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then beat on medium for 2 additional minutes.
- 5Divide batter equally into two bowls, you should have about 2 1/4 to 1/2 cups of batter in each bowl.
- 6Mix about 1/2 heaping teaspoon of yellow coloring into one bowl of batter and 1/2 teaspoon orange coloring into the other bowl.
- 7Divide the yellow batter evenly among the muffin tins. I used a standard cookie scoop, which measures about 1 tablespoon.
- 8Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- 10When ready, frost the cupcakes and garnish with a candy corn.