Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
It was very good! ALSO, very pretty!
I will make it again. I think it would be fun to make it at Valentine's Day, the 4th of July as well as Christmas!
I think it would be fun to try other flavors of these candies with different crusts.
COOKIE CRUMB CRUST
45vanilla wafer cookies (1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
1/4 cmelted butter
3 pkg8 ounces each, cream cheese
1 1/2 tspvanilla
42hershey's kisses brand candy cane mint candies, divided
·sweetened whipped cream
How to Make Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie crumb crust.
Crush cookie wafers ( 45 cookies).
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl; blend in melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool. ( I would recommend wrapping the bottom of the pan with heavy foil). These directions did not.
- Prepare cake:
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1/4 cup batter; spread remaining batter in prepared crust.
- Remove wrappers from candies. Place 30 candies and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stopping to stir every 15 seconds, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Gradually blend reserved cake batter into candy mixture.
- Drop candy mixture by tablespoonfuls onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is ALMOST set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with whipped cream and remaining candies.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers.