Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
It was very good! ALSO, very pretty!
I will make it again. I think it would be fun to make it at Valentine's Day, the 4th of July as well as Christmas!
I think it would be fun to try other flavors of these candies with different crusts.
- vanilla wafer cookies (1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- 3 pkg
- 8 ounces each, cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- hershey's kisses brand candy cane mint candies, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- sweetened whipped cream
COOKIE CRUMB CRUST
How to Make Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie crumb crust.
Crush cookie wafers ( 45 cookies).
- 2Stir together 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl; blend in melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool. ( I would recommend wrapping the bottom of the pan with heavy foil). These directions did not.
- 3Prepare cake:
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1/4 cup batter; spread remaining batter in prepared crust.
- 4Remove wrappers from candies. Place 30 candies and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stopping to stir every 15 seconds, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Gradually blend reserved cake batter into candy mixture.
- 5Drop candy mixture by tablespoonfuls onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- 6Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is ALMOST set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until chilled.
- 7Garnish with whipped cream and remaining candies.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers.