Candy Cane Cake
The recipe and picture came from Betty Crocker recipes.
- 1 pkg
- betty crocker* super moist french vanilla, vanilla or golden cake mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on cake mix package
- 1/2 tsp
- red food colour
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract
- tub (340 g) betty crocker* whipped vanilla or fluffy white frosting
- crushed candy canes or peppermint candies, if desired
How to Make Candy Cane Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 12-cup (3 L) fluted tube cake pan. Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour about 2 cups (500 mL) batter into pan.
- 2Into small bowl, pour about 3/4 cup (175 mL) batter; stir in food colour and peppermint extract. Carefully pour pink batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over pink batter.
- 3Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4Remove foil from tub of frosting. Stir. Microwave on medium power for 30 to 45 seconds or until it is a good consistency for pouring. Pour over cake. Sprinkle with crushed candies if desired. Store loosely covered.