★★★★★ 1 vote5
- cake mix (any flavor)
- 4 serving size, instant pudding mix (not sugar free), any flavor
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dry flavoring (such as powdered lemonade mix, powdered orange breakfast drink, cocoa powder) and vanilla powder located by the coffee flavorings
How to Make Cake In a Coffee Cup!
- 1DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE MIX:
** Lemon cake mix- lemon pudding
** Yellow cake mix- chocolate pudding
** Devils food cake mix- chocolate pudding
** Pineapple cake mix- coconut pudding
** Butterscotch cake mix- butterscotch pudding
Place a dry mix and dry pudding mix into a large bowl and blend well with a whisk. This will be about 4-4 1/2 cups dry mix and will make 8-9 coffee cup cake mixes. Place 1/2 cup dry mix into a sandwich bag. Place mix into a corner of the bag and tie it there with a twist tie. Continue making packets until all your dry mix is used.
- 2Select a large coffee cup. Check it to be sure it holds 1 1/2 cups of water. That way you will be sure you have bought the size the recipe calls for. **It cannot have any metallic paint on it because it will be used in the microwave. Places like WalMart and craft stores sell plain cups.
- 3DECORATING THE CUPS:
Paint on the cup if you like. DecoArt Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamel is one brand of craft paint that can be made dishwaher safe by baking the painted cup in the oven. (instructions are on the bottle of paint usually).
- 4GLAZE MIX:
Select the flavoring appropriate to the cake you are making. For the pineapple coconut cake include flaked coconut in a separate bag with instructions to sprinkle over the frosted cake.
Place Glaze Mix ingredients into a sandwich bag, and tie into corner of bag. Label this bag "glaze mix: and attach it to the other bag with a twist tie.
Place one baggie cake mix and one baggie glaze mix in each coffee cup. Now attach the following baking instructions to each coffee cup.
- 5ATTACH INSTRUCTIONS TO EACH COFFEE CUP BELOW:
~BAKE A CAKE IN A COFFEE CUP~
Generously spray inside of coffee cup with cooking spray. Empty contents of large packet into cup. Add 1 egg white, I tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. water to dry mix. Microwave on full power 2 minutes. (you may not get a satisfactory result in a low wattage small microwave). While cake is cooking, place ingredients from "Glaze Mix" into a very small container and add 1 1/2 tsp. water. Mix well. When cake is done, pour glaze over cake in cup. Enjoy while warm!