Cake Boss Sponge Cake
4 largeeggs at room temp
2 cwhite granulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cwhole milk
1/4 cunsalted or lightly salted butter
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspsalt (use 3/8 tsp if using unsalted butter)
How to Make Cake Boss Sponge Cake
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl (with paddle attachment if possible) for 4 minutes. Do not shorten the time.
- Add sugar and continue beating for another 4 - 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low just until combined.
- In a separate, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed just until combined.
- In a saucepan (or microwave) heat milk and butter just until the butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8" pans.
- Bake at 325 about 33 - 35 mins or until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 mins. Then turn out onto a wire cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.