Cake Boss Sponge Cake
- 4 large
- eggs at room temp
- 2 c
- white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 c
- unsalted or lightly salted butter
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (use 3/8 tsp if using unsalted butter)
How to Make Cake Boss Sponge Cake
- 1Beat eggs in large mixing bowl (with paddle attachment if possible) for 4 minutes. Do not shorten the time.
- 2Add sugar and continue beating for another 4 - 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low just until combined.
- 3In a separate, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed just until combined.
- 4In a saucepan (or microwave) heat milk and butter just until the butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
- 5Pour into two greased and floured 8" pans.
- 6Bake at 325 about 33 - 35 mins or until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 mins. Then turn out onto a wire cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.