Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
Butterscotch and pumpkin just sings together. And the butterscotch sauce is wonderful.
It was sent to me in an e-mail but found out it is a nestle kitchen recipe.
- 11 oz
- package butterscotch flavored morsels, divided
- 2 c
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 100 % pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 2COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs
and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- 3BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool
completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
- 4FOR BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE: HEAT 1/3 cup Evaporated Milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving.