Butterscotch Coffee Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix, without pudding in the mix
- 1 cup
- vegetable oil (do not use canola oil)
- 1 cup
- 4 each
- 2 box
- instant butterscotch pudding (do not use sugar free variety)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fine chopped nuts, optional
How to Make Butterscotch Coffee Cake
- 1Spray a 9x13 oblong pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix all cake ingredients in mixing bowl on high speed of mixer. Batter will get thick and batter lighten in color while mixing. Set aside.
- 3Mix topping ingredients together. Set aside.
- 4Spread half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle batter with half the topping mixture.
- 5Spread remaining batter and sprinkle remaining topping on top of cake.
- 6Bake on center rack in center of your oven at 350 degrees for at least 45 minutes. Test for doneness at 45 minutes, bake additional time as needed until cake tests done. (ovens and baking pans can make differences in baking time)
- 7When cake tests done in center, remove and set aside to cool.
- 8Delicous for a breakfast coffee cake or after dinner with a cup of coffee.
- 9Enjoy!! :)