Butternut Pound Cake (#9)
I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
3 1/2 cflour
2/3 cself rising flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 tspvanilla flavoring
1 1/2 cblack walnuts
1/2 boxpowdered sugar
3 Tbspmargarine, melted
4 Tbspbutternut flavoring
How to Make Butternut Pound Cake (#9)
- POUND CAKE:
Cream Margarine, Crisco and sugar well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Mix flours and baking powdered; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Mix well; add flavoring and black walnuts.
- Pour batter in pan; place in cold oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Combine all ingredients; beat until fluffy.
- Pour over cake while hot.
Mrs. Doris Gordon, Sec.-Treas.
Gaffney Church of God LWWB
Gaffney, South Carolina