Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 2 stick
- heaping tablespoon crisco
- 2 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 c
- sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- almond extract
How to Make Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE! Sometimes I cheat a bit and put the butter in the microwave for a few seconds and the eggs in a bowl of warm water if I'm in a hurry to start.
- 2Thoroughly cream butter and Crisco.
- 3Gradually add sugar.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 5Put soda into buttermilk; then alternate adding flour and buttermilk/soda. Start and end with flour.
- 6Add almond extract.
- 7Place in a COLD oven set to 325. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a well-greased and floured tube pan.
- 8If you're curious about what's happening in the oven during baking, curb your curiosity and don't peek until after 1 hour. I don't know why. That's just what Mrs. Higgy told me, and she was the boss!