BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE
How to Make BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE
- 1First make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temp (including the buttermilk),this is very important. All ingredients should be out for at least 30 minutes before baking. This recipe calls for weight measurement you must use a scale, do not relay on your cup measurement, you will be in trouble.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together for 8 minutes until very light and fluffy.
- 3Break the 4 eggs into a bowl, add the vanilla and beat well. This will cut down on the (add eggs 1 at a time, not necessary). Once the butter and sugar are ready just add eggs/vanilla (use good vanilla)
- 4Sift your cake flour, salt, baking soda/powder together. Alternately, add cake flour mix and buttermilk starting and ending with the cake flour. Do not overwork the flour (or your cake will be too dense)3 minutes should be enough beating time no more that 4.
- 5Grease and flour your bunt pan and bake in a preheated oven 325-350 degrees. All ovens vary so test your oven to see which one of these temps work for you. I bake mine on 335 degrees (I found this out through trail and error). Bake time 1 hour 5 minutes.
- 6This cake is wonderful with or without a glaze. Use your favorite glaze.
I use 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup (any of these)vanilla or lemon (fresh). Heat on the stove top in a small pot until sugar is melted. Brush onto cake with a pastry brush or just pour the glaze over the cake. I hope these instructions were not to complicated or hard to follow. I have make this cake over 10 times and I love it, I hope you enjoy it to. Thanks