Buttermilk Lemon Pound Cake
How to Make Buttermilk Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream the softened butter with the sugar until fluffy. Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately and mix well.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, or spray well with a non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Mix confectioner's sugar with 2 tsp lemon juice. Add more juice or sugar as needed to create the glaze consistency you like.
- Place cake on serving platter and pour glaze over cake while still slightly warm.