Buttermilk Lemon Pound Cake
How to Make Buttermilk Lemon Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream the softened butter with the sugar until fluffy. Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- 3Add vanilla and lemon juice.
- 4Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately and mix well.
- 5Grease and flour a bundt pan, or spray well with a non-stick spray.
- 6Pour batter into pan.
- 7Bake for one hour or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to complete cooling.
- 9Mix confectioner's sugar with 2 tsp lemon juice. Add more juice or sugar as needed to create the glaze consistency you like.
- 10Place cake on serving platter and pour glaze over cake while still slightly warm.