How to Make Buttermilk Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour angel food cake pan well.
- 2Place sugar, vanilla, eggs & Crisco in large mixing bowl & cream together well. Mixture may have a 'grainy' look to it because of the sugar, no need to worry about it.
- 3While above is mixing, measure flour & set aside. Add Baking Soda to flour. Measure buttermilk & set aside.
- 4To sugar mixture, alternate flour & buttermilk a little at a time, mixing well after each addition, until all gone.
- 5Pour mixture into pan & place on center oven rack. Bake for 1 hour (probably more than 1 hour due to different oven types). DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR 1 HOUR.