Butter Pound Cake Loaf
Love the technique used to mix this cake. Think I'll use this method on my other pound cakes.
Original recipe called for 55 to 65 min baking time, I only baked about 47 minutes.
3 largeeggs, room temperature
3 Tbspmilk, room temperature
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 csifted cake flour
1 tspbaking powder
13 Tbspbutter, room temperature
How to Make Butter Pound Cake Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; place rack in center of oven.
- Butter or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper; butter or spray the paper.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl; set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in the bowl of your electric mixer. Whisk together about 30 seconds on low speed or until blended.
- Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the speed to medium; beat for one minute to aerate and develop the cake's structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake's structure.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the cake browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminum foil after about 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven, place on wire rack and cool for about 10 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and cool completely on a lightly buttered wire rack.